COVID – 19 UPDATE
At Far Cotton Dental Practice the health, safety of our patients and staff is of the utmost importance.
We would like to advise our patients that as we are considered an essential service under the guidance of NHS England we shall be remaining open and continue to provide appointments.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- We are continuously monitoring developments in respect of COVID-19 and are following the advice and guidance of Public Health England. Due to the type of service we provide we already have robust systems in place to provide high standards of Infection Control within the clinical areas but in addition to these we have increased cleaning hours across all areas of the Practice and made sure that there are adequate stocks of hand wash and hand sanitiser for our patients. Please be assured that deep cleaning of treatment rooms is carried out daily and in between appointments.
- We have an information poster in the waiting room giving patients advice on how they can protect themselves and each other.
What we would like you to do to help us:
Patients who are displaying symptoms or are a confirmed case of COVID -19 should under no circumstances attend the Practice.
If you require urgent dental care please telephone (01604 761344) or email the Practice [email protected] for advice.
- We encourage patients and staff to take simple common sense steps to help reduce risk: please use a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or use the crook of your elbow/or sleeve if you don’t have a tissue- NOT YOUR HANDS.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly ideally using hot water or sanitiser gel.
- If you feel unwell stay at home and avoid coming into the Practice.
- We ask that family groups go into treatment rooms no more than two at a time to try and reduce close contact.
- We encourage all patients to continue to follow advice from Public Health England and to go on line to 111.nhs.uk or call NHS 111 if you think you may have the virus.
Our Practice opening times remain the same and we hope that you will continue to support the Practice during this time and continue to attend your appointments or provide at least 24 hours should you need to cancel.
We will keep you updated if the situation at the Practice should change.